Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Kahoot! Game Review: a great form of formative assessment

Kahoot! is a new and an exciting game, quiz, and survey creator that allows teachers everywhere to create and administer tests, reviews, and gather all forms of ideas and opinions from their students. For the sake of creating a fun, an exciting, and an interactive class, I created and played Kahoot! games with my grade 10 students every chance I got. There is a wide cheer that can be heard from outside the classroom every time I ask my students to get their phones and their tablets out. They know a Kahoot! game is coming! Playing such games in class can be so much fun and it also allows students to communicate and discuss ideas and possible answers with each other before clicking in their answers. The game site is a great way to administer reviews before big test dates. Below I have attached two links to two Kahoot! games that I created for my grade 10 class before a big Romeo and Juliet test. Moreover, I used the results of the Kahoot! game as bonus points on the test, which was greatly appreciated by the students. There are many more ways one can use Kahoot!, bellow are just two examples.

Game Link: Kahoot! Romeo and Juliet Act 1 Review

Game Link: Kahoot! Romeo and Juliet Act 2 Review

No comments:

Post a Comment