Monday, March 28, 2016

Should teachers give students "hints" for testes/quizzes?

Retrieved from: Impossible Quiz

As a teacher candidate, when I administer a quiz/test to my students I "point out" or give students "hints" as to what topics they are going to be tested on. I do not want to trick my students or keep them guessing as to what will be asked on a test. Rather, I want my students to know what to focus on and important concepts they should know. Teachers that do not guide students in the right direction often times keep their students guessing and stressed about the upcoming assessment. In turn, students tend to lose focus and become concerned about performing well on their test. Giving students an idea about what they will be tested on allows them the opportunity to study more efficiently and preform better on their assessments.



No comments:

Post a Comment